Serious Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say either a failing powersupply fan, or a faulty cpu fan...
while your pc is on, check to see if the powersupply fan is moving, then pop open your case and check to see if your cpu fan is moving.....

SHAWN said:
What are your system temps at idle and at load? could be a heat issue. What do you think warezmonster??

I'm trying to read thru the log and see if there is any info in there

Check your motherboard for any capacitors that are bubbled outward, and or have corrosion on them. Also look in your event viewer if possible and look for any drive errors under the system log. If it is a dell, at the dell splash screen press alt + ctrl + d and it will run hard drive diags. Are you noticing any sluggishness? Also be sure the memory is fully seated.

Thank you all for your reply's.
Wareez Monster, I look forward to seeing what you have for me, thank you so much for your time

pinkfloyd2005 said:
Also look in your event viewer if possible and look for any drive errors under the system log.

How do I do that?

Right Click on My Computer, Select Manage.
Then under system tools you will see event viewer. Scroll through the system log and look for any disk errors.

well that depends ste, if the cpu fan went out, you dont need a new case. I see that alot with dell. The CPU fan will fail, and then the capacitors will bubble over.

Ste said:
if it is heat, you can only fix it by adding more airflow, and or getting bigger case.

I have had my computer for three years, and it has never done anything like this before, so I don't think it has to do with my case or lack of airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom