P3 @ 800Mhz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its worth it but dont spend too much money on it.

I have several spare computers.

1x P3 450, 384mb ram, 4.2gb HDD. I put Ubuntu on it and im using it for a web server to serve a local forum at school.

I also have a old mac (powermac 7500/100) that i was given which i use for scanning using os 8. I have heaps of equipment for the mac, like a Zip drive, External 1gb (omfg) HDD and scanner. It's very old but it has a nice big 17" monitor on it though.

And yah know what?! I only got a 500KB/s seconds (ok, can't say only... I'm in Canada here :p, the fastest here) And, the OT (open tibia, I know tibia sucks... not for me that server :p, someone's paying me :D), and it doesn't lag a bit... with around 25 peoples on. (Ok, I know not alot... but, the first night I opened it, it's a hell lot)

ya my advice is if your gonna run winxp on a computer with a crappy processor is get atleast 384mb ram and atleast 20gb hard drive so it won't be held back much

I run Ubuntu on mine. It serves all sorts of things from Bulletin Boards to HTML to Files on my 100mbit Home network, soon to be relocated to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom