7800GT - Unlockable Pipes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know if the 7800GT has any unlockable pixel pipelines so that it could be turned into a 7800GTX?

I'm pretty sure it does. It's just like when you buy a vanilla 6800. Except I think you get 20 instead of 24.

this may sound dumb but im new to this so gimme a break :bald:

how do u unlock pipes using rivatuner ??

You really don't know how to use THE Rivatuner? Well I must say it's easier than the rumors say. There are few main steps, just follow them and you should be alright:

1. Wash your hands with plain water. Do NOT use soap or any other similar substance. 2. Take the rivaturner and carefully place it over one of the pipes you want to unlock. Make sure it sits firmly, but be careful not to brake anything. 3. Rub 10-15 grams of Arctic Silver thermal compound on the handle of the rivatuner. Let it dry for about 10 minutes. 4. This is the final and most important phase. Gently, but firmly, place your hand on the rivatuner's handle. Then twist as hard and fast as you can, clock-wise. If you did everything correctly, you shoud hear a quite audible clicking sound. Congratulations, you just unlocked the first pipe! Now repeat the procedure with the rest of the pipes.

Not a funny joke Lotex.

The pipe unlocking may or may not work, havnt heard anything about it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom