Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasC83

Solid State Member
I have a Viewsonic G220fb and starting yesterday I've experienced an extremely frustrating problem. The moniter has become hazy/blurry to the point where it's nearly impossible to read any text on the screen. I've fidgeted around with the moniter settings and tried different resolutions but the only thing that seems to alleviate the blurriness is turning the contrast on the monitor way down (to the point where it's very difficult to see due to how shady the image is).

Now strangely, I've noticed a couple times the monitor's image will shrink a little bit and the image will be clear again, but this only lasts for about a minute before the image expands again and becomes blurry (and I've tried manipulating the zoom in/out settings - that doesn't fix the problem).

Can anyone help me out?

Did you ever hear anykind of popping or sizzling ?
How old is the monitor?
Do you have any power required objects next to or under the monitor ? ex: Portable phone ? Cell phone ? Wireless mouse/keyboard gateway ?

Anything change yesterday other than your monitor ?

It could just ge going out... always remember that while troubleshooting.

Never heard any popping or sizziling.

The monitor is only 9 months old.

The only electrical devices near the moniter are speakers, a lamp, and a router - but I can't imagine that any of those would adversely effect the monitor.

And no, nothing else changed in my system.

You haven't changed your color schemes have you ?
ex: 32 true coler to anything lower ?

Did you install anything new ?
Does POST still look the same or did that change too ?

Color scheme is still 32 bit.

Nothing new has been installed.

Post looks the same as far as I can tell. And when I go into the BIOS there are no blurriness issues there.

It only seems to be blurry once Windows XP starts and also the monitors OSD display is blurry too, regardless of whether Windows has started or not.

What refresh rate are you using ?
Whens the last time you updated your drivers ?

now it sounds like it could be a refresh rate issue.

LucasC83 said:
The only electrical devices near the moniter are speakers, a lamp, and a router - but I can't imagine that any of those would adversely effect the monitor.

Oh, hell yeah... Speakers contain magnets and they will freak up a montior or a TV very easily....

Also, cell phones do really funny things to monitors.... try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom