New to many things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Omega

Solid State Member
Yo, newbie here.

I've got a moderate amount of casual experience with PC's and generally know a good bit about trouble shooting. About a month ago I started going to Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology for the major Computers and Network Systems Administration. I'll be prepping to take my A+ Certification soon.

So that's about it for me, I've got the basics down and once in a while I can help someone out with some more difficult problems, hope to learn a lot here.

bradybnmci said:
Good luck with school... How many certs does that place offer ?
The trouble shooting skills will come in handy here.

It offers absolutely nothing. However the courses that are taken are good enough that once complete you can take the tests easily outside. There's about 7 or 8 certs that can be obtained by the end, though I can't name them off the top of my head atm.

Yeah no worries, That sounds like most of the Tech schools.
The more certs you get the better.
They will give you a "foot in the door" job.

If you become a regular here, you will see a TON of stuff.
Enjoy your stay, and Welcome to TF.

Glad to have you, RO (funky screen name, by the way).

No one here is a true master of computers, but together we can whoop up on most any problem.

I plan on heading back to school soon myself. Two semesters to get A+, Security+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE... if I take a full load. I can take all but two courses online, and the college has its own testing site (students only pay half the fee! W00t!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom