been offerd this for 2000$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah build it on newegg. Show him the online quote. And tell him, "well, but your system is used. What's the lowest you can go."

Only way he'll refuse is if he thinks he can find some other guy who won't check the prices like you just did.

But you shouldn't pay $2000 for that system. :rolleyes:

Nubius said:
as I said in another thread, CPU's dont really bottleneck graphics cards...

even if he were putting a 7800GTX AGP (lets pretend one exists) into a 2GHz XP machine with 512mb....it wouldn't be bottlenecking it per se, it's just his machine is outdated...simple as that.

3500+ definitely wouldn't "bottleneck" that system and it'd still be quite powerful for gaming

2x7800GTX with a 3500+? Bottleneck galore? I'm pretty sure even one would be close to being bottlenecked, lol.

actually there is a slight bottleneck. but not with the 3500+ i was looking at some benchmarks between a 3500+ 3200+ 3000+ fx-55 and i saw that the fx and 3500+ were around the same and the 3200+ and 3000+ was a little bit lower, 3-15 fps difference, and they said you needed a processor around 2.2 for it to get the full performance out the 7800GTX. i mean its not serious bottleneck. you just wont get the full performance, but you really dont need the full performance.

anyways that system is way overpriced

sounds like a guy trying to make a quick buck. There's no reason they should be selling a computer like that anyway. It's perfectly good for anything. Heck, it might be hot, and he's trying to make a fortune on it.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
sounds like a guy trying to make a quick buck. There's no reason they should be selling a computer like that anyway. It's perfectly good for anything. Heck, it might be hot, and he's trying to make a fortune on it.

Ryan

He didnt mention what type of cooling it is..but if its that hot I suppose he could add some more fans and bigger heatsink and stuff..I agree though not for $2,000 but $1,000 maybe $1,200.

wait did any one calculate the 2 7800gtxs he said that alone is a grand
cpu-$219.00
mobo-$135.00
ram-$97.00
hard drive-$103.00
that is just what he listed also u need
cd-drives
case
brand name power supply (if he knows what he is doing 2 7800s on a generic ps is trouble)
is he including the monitor,keyboard and mouse?
does he have a after market heatsink on
$1550 with what i could price remember i did not put in the other things.
when i factor in the other stuff at the most another 300-350 without a monitor
it is still overpriced go make it yourself and get the stuff new.

Win2kpatcher said:
He didnt mention what type of cooling it is..but if its that hot I suppose he could add some more fans and bigger heatsink and stuff..I agree though not for $2,000 but $1,000 maybe $1,200.
hot = stolen

and no it's not worth $2000
maybe $900 for the video cards, $219 for the CPU (Venice), $135 for the motherboard, $90 for the RAM, $100 for PSU, $100 hard drive, and maybe $100-$200 for other parts like CD drives, case
at most $1700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom