My P4's Hawt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyizorz

Solid State Member
I have a 2.6ghz P4 with 800mhz FSB. I have had it running the same setup; NVidia 6600gt with 1ghz Corsair XMS pc3200, and Ive never had a heating problem.

Recently, my friend was talking about his computer tempurature, so I booted up some Temp software. The Software claimed that my computer was running at an amazing 77c. Ive had AMD's in the past, and they normally die at 60c. Is this possible?

I have mulitple case fan's, and a nice exhaust blower sitting on my CPU. Please tell me what software you guys are currently using.

Thank you all.

is it a northwood P4 or Prescott? the Prescott will almost always run hot..thats just the way the architecture is of the chip. i have a P4 3.0 prescott and it runs at 50C idle...and when i Oc it to 4.0ghz it will max out at about 68 load...remember that i am also not on stock cooling. I have a Zalman7700 with AS5. even with a prescott that is still pretty high temps....i wouls suggest first checking the temp in the BIOS and making sure they're correct. if so i would get an aftermarket heat sinc fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom