2 Explorer.exe processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscillator

Banned
I am so tired of getting one problem sorted to stumble upon another, it's never ending!

My computer loads two Explorer.exe's, their are two of these processes running in the background.

I know that this is Window's Graphical Interface, the desktop - what I am working with - how you access Window's.

Sometimes and mostly, what is set to load on boot, ie Firewall and Anti-Virus, are running in the background as they are displayed in Task Manager but they are no were to be seen in the System Tray.

It really seems like Windows has loaded twice some how but I doubt that is possible as my computer wouldn't be able to handle that.

It is Explorer.exe spelt with a capital E,

I would not have gotten that wrong, Iexplorer.exe would not be on the same scale in any capacity,

I don't have Internet Explorer any more, well I have deleted it has much as humanly possible from my harddrive but not the Registry, my reason 'Ie6 Not Loading Any Pages',

this all started happened after trying to download IE6 once again but it always stalls, then on restarting my computer, it was a complete mess, all the Desktop setting were switched to large icons, 16bit instead of 32bit, desktop icons underlined, folder settings changed etc etc etc,

now I have to have the folders set to view in list form which is my perferred setting any hows but you can't view them any other way.

It wasn't IE being deleted that done it,

my computer worked great with it gone,

it worked fine for a few weeks until I decided to attempt the IE6 download again,

I knew no one would have a clue as it is one of those problems, I always fix my own stuff but it was worth finding out if Explorer.exe was ever running twice for anyone else.

well that is the first thoughts that come to mind,

it could always just be one of those imprefections that you get with Windows and all other software,

these are real annoyances that play on the mind as to what the fucl< they are,

I may be over paronoid but I sometimes think it is someone working on my computer from another Graphical Interface while I am working on the other,íóúí

see the íóúí this sometimes happens with Opera, anything I type comes up like that, I have to close Opera and reopen,

when I did it there it opened a window,

Another user is running this copy of Opera.

You should install Opera with individual profiles to allow multiple users to run the same copy independently.

This is my computer, that only I use with only my profile.

Funny thing is stuff always happens on this site, whether it be originating from here or just that I usually have this site opened I have yet to investigate. When you think about it, the Mods with all user details are probably and more than likely interested in hacking and cracking even though they refuse to let us talk about it.

sometimes, there is no consistency, it loads 2 sometimes and sometimes doesn't,

the Opera problem has happened long before that but because it just occurred I brought it up in dialogue, it also stalls a lot with a press of ctrl, alt, delete usually sorting it out but a significant amount of the time I have to restart the computer,

there is another problem as well with the screen loading pink sometimes,

I have posted about them before but no one has ever solved them and I do no a bit or two myself,

I am using Firefox, a lot of stuff that as all built up, but until I get money I can't get a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom