Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. We can only guess what version will be mroe expensive than other versions based on their features.

Tyler1989 said:
This is probably how MS plans to run their apps 15% faster than WinXP but you need a hell of a lot of RAM. The most basic version of vista allows 0-8 gigs of RAM. and the Ultimate allows +120 gigs of RAM, can someone tell me where the average guy fits 120 gigs of RAM in his machine?

120gigs of ram?

they used to be really crappy - ATI 8mb Integrated Graphics but now you can see dual and sometimes even quad mobos with PCI-E and SLI.

Yeah Warez I think it can allow +120 gigs of RAM at least the last time I checked I think it said that. But in todays RAM chips I see no room I mean you would have to have +50 Chips of ram inside one tower case on one motherboard. I see that as a problem.

Not unlessit is a Server or Data Center Server that is pretty much the size of a room and then it would all fit.

50+ RAM is certainly not possible on one tower (who would need them?).. However, it would certainly be possible in on node of about 10-30 servers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom