X-Fi? & Klipsch Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
Thanks to everyone here I have finished building my new PC. Now I am going to tackle one final task - I am going to turn off the on board sound of my DFI Lan Party SLI motherboard and install a X-FI card - thinking of the Fatal1ty version. Any thoughts on the sound card? I currently have the Platinum Version in its box next to my desk. I tried installing it and it caused windows to crash - seems to be a known problem that Creative is aware of and a fix should be issued. So I'm thinking of returning the Platinum and getting the Fatal1ty from Newegg.com.

I am also looking at ordering these speakers:

Klipsch PROMEDIA ULTRA 5.1 5.1 Speaker - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16836119106

I bought a set of Logitech from Best Buy - these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16836121118

and don't think that they are the greatest.

Any thoughts?

My current build is:
MB DFI|NF4 LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR RT - Retail
CPU AMD 64 |4000+ ATHLON 64 939P RT - Retail
OCZ DUAL 2G(1Gx2) DDR 400 RT - Retail (Qty=2)
FD 1.44MB|SONY MPF920 Black % - OEM
HD 74GB|WD 10,000RPM 8MB WD740GD % - OEM
HD250G|ST 7200 8M SATA ST3250823AS% - OEM (Qty=2)
KB IDEAZON|ZBOARD GAMING KEYBOARD - Retail
CDRW/DVD CMB SONY CRX320EE/B2S BLK - OEM
DVD+/-RW 16X SONY DWQ28A SW OEM - OEM
CD MS|WIN XP PRO w/SP2 % - OEM
CABLE Y|POWER SPLITTER 5-1/4 - OEM
MNTR VWSNC|19"LCD 8msDVI VP191B - Retail
VGA EVGA|GF 7800GTX 256-P2-N529-AX - Retail
PS PC PWR & CLG | 510 SLI-PFC RET - Retail
CASE LIANLI|PC-60BPlus RT - Retail

The Logitechs have the best sound quality that I've heard.

Your better off getting a 2.1 system if you want great sound.
The z3e and z2300 are untouchable by the competition.

2.1 instead of 5.1?? Don't you lose out on surround sound etc from having 2 speakers versus 5? Would you recomend the higher end Logitech instead of Klipsch?

Thanks!

I currently have both X-fi Fatal1ty & Logitech z-5500. You couldn't ask for a better combination. Perfection!

I didn't have any problems with windows... At all...

turtile said:
If you can afford what the above post has - get it.

Logitechs are better

uhh...no, ur wrong there

DEFINITELY go with the Klipsch, higher quality, better bass, greater output (do some research and compare the numbers), the 5500s are very nice, but do not compare to the ULTRAs

I was going to go with the klipsch 5.1. But I'm going to get the z-5500 instead. Just puts out more power and although klipch is awesome quality, even klipch fans have reviewed these logitechs to be supurb.

I have the z-5500's, they are great computer speakers. The still don't hold a candle to my Paradigm's, but I didn't expect them too.

Klipsch is a good name in home audio, so I would expect good sound out of them, but TBH, I have never heard them.

I got my 5500's for $200, so that's a hundred less than those Klipsch are going for there on Newegg also...

Spartan666 said:
uhh...no, ur wrong there

DEFINITELY go with the Klipsch, higher quality, better bass, greater output (do some research and compare the numbers), the 5500s are very nice, but do not compare to the ULTRAs

Have you ever heard the z-5500's? Put it this way. I live in a 3 family house. My apartment is on the basement floor. The subwoofer is currently on rug and another rug. I put on "DJ-CHRIS's" techno, put the volume 3/4 of the way full and went upstairs to the 3rd floor where my friends live. Not only can you still hear the music through 3 floors, but the "BASS" still rumbles the 3rd floor walls and floor. The second floor you might as well be in my apartment because you can hear it just the same. By the way... No distortion...

X-FI & z-5500 is plenty for anyone. Games, movies, music ... whatever.

The z-5500's i also have hooked up to my PS2 by optical cable and I have my Cable Box hooked up through COAX cable. Multifunction, incredible sound and great price....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom