SuicideMayne

Baseband Member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

Thats The ram i have...

I have my FSB at 233 and i switched my timeings to

2-3-3-6..

it says its at 233fhz

well here is the screen..

im new to ram overclocking thats y i asked..

18gr1.jpg

And i guess this is the reg timings??

29ul.jpg

your timings are 2-3-6-3 , not 2-3-3-6, you've changed the wrong numbers.

Beyond that, tightening your cas latency and cycle time when overclocking is NOT how you overclock.

Your RAM is stock 3-3-3-8 timings at 200MHz so why would you tighten timings at 233MHz?

I'm surprised it's even running at 2-3-6-3 timings.

Yes it's overclocked, it's beyond 200MHz

furthermore cas latency and cycle time DO NOT effect performance, so there is no point in tightening those up anyway.

You need to leave it at 3-3-3-8 timings and overclock from there.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11397

read up on that.

ok8nh.jpg

is that better i fixed the numbers

im new to this so help plz

so would it be running better??

i see a lil increase

your numbers are correct, but as I said, theres no point in tightening your cas latency and cycle time....

When you overclock you LOOSEN timings, you've overclock what appears to be some valueRAM and tightened the timings...thats opposite of what you want to do, but hell I guess if you aren't experiencing any problems then more power to you, but if you start getting random restarts in game or BSODs you'll know why.

The only way you'll notice a real increase is if you get a program like everest home so you can actually see your memory bandwidth go up...that way you'll atleast see the increases or decreases after you change something.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823&highlight=startup+vid

you need to go through that and the guides stickied at the top of these forums thoroughly....all of those combined will answer any question you could possibly have

so do u recomend just setting it back?

i set it back to 3-3-3-8

and i freq is at 233fhz still i guess its because i overclocked my FSB

your ram and HTT (AMD64s dont use FSB) are tied together. Had you read the stickies at the top before you began overclocking you would have known that.

To get your RAM to not follow the HTT you'd need to set a divider...technically it still follow it, but it'll set it lower.

Nubius, no offence but your giving out the wrong advice to this guy, amd platforms run alot better on tighter timings, intel platforms you will not notice the difference as much but amd is alot more noticeable. The tighter the timings, the faster the ram goes and if its stable at those timings then leave it there. The best way i think is so first run super pi 32M, then if it passes and you really wanna be sure, run prime 95 blend torture test overnight, if that passes you got a stable overclock on your ram. But do NOT loosen the timings on the ram if it overclocks fine and stable where there at.

if its stable at 2-3-3-6, leave it, it will be faster in games over 3-3-3-8

Nubius, no offence but your giving out the wrong advice to this guy, amd platforms run alot better on tighter timings, intel platforms you will not notice the difference as much but amd is alot more noticeable. The tighter the timings, the faster the ram goes and if its stable at those timings then leave it there. The best way i think is so first run super pi 32M, then if it passes and you really wanna be sure, run prime 95 blend torture test overnight, if that passes you got a stable overclock on your ram. But do NOT loosen the timings on the ram if it overclocks fine and stable where there at.
no, no offense to you, but I know what I'm talking about... one of the links I sent to him was purely for the DFI mobos which he has.

No crap tighter timings are better, but for stability reasons it's kind of dumb to tighten timings when you raise the MHz...beyond that it looks like he's got valueRAM to begin with...however did I not say "Hell if it works for you then more power to you, however if you notice random reboots or BSODs then you'll know why"

if its stable at 2-3-3-6, leave it, it will be faster in games over 3-3-3-8
This right here is BS...it's a known fact that cas latency and cycle time effect STABILITY not bandwidth...he will notice absolutely NO difference in gaming...however like I said, if it runs stable for him, then yeah thats fine to leave it there...but it's pretty ridiculous for you to say 'it'll be faster in games' when the difference between 2 and 3 in cas latency is negligable not to mention cycle time practically doesn't effect bandwidth at all.

All these things are explained in the guides, especially the one directed towards the DFI board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom