Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
hey guys....

i have had an error pop up when i try to send/receive mail....

the error is as follows....

Receiving reported error (0x80004005) The operation failed...

now i have tryed looking the problem up over the net and have tried all there solutions yet none of them have seem to solve my problem...

i have uninstalled and reinstalled office many of time and the problem still continues...

i do not have nortan antivirus and i am not running Microsoft Exchange Server....

if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my little problem...please post them up because all help is appreciated :bald:

Are you sure that the pop account is set up correctly? Did you set it up on the other end to send the mail. What i mean by that is if you are getting the mail from say Gmail did you go to the settings of Gmail and enable the pop options. That would be the first thing i would check as a recieving error would usually consist of something along those lines.

the pop accounts are fine as we have tested them many times...even tested them manually, but thanks for your help....anyone else know how to fix this little problem ?

it cant be the firewalls can it ??

i mean it was working one day....then it wasnt working the next...

nothing was installed or changed .. thats why its so hard to fix the problem :confused:

to tell the truth im not sure because its not my computer its my works...and its not here with me....its at a diffrent location

but i dont think it would be the firewall

there is no firewall i have been told....

and the pop settings what do u want to know ?? like the adresses ???

mail.<company name>.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom