Need help...just bough new PC and want to make it a gaming pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im broke though!!!I am selling my car for 3500...:D Maybe i should buy a compuiter that bad??? NO im just playing...um...OK...where do i start...I have 200 bucks...im getting payed friday....what things should i buy???

I wouldn't sell the Dell. You could always stick a 9600 or something in it and still play the old Q3 engine games OK. And besides that, it will be a good second comp for general stuff. You could even double the RAM, that would help for even just normal apps.

Like others have said, start saving for another build for gaming. Even at only like 600-700 you could get something that would play newer games OK.

Iif you must keep that Dell you should buy another 256 mb RAM for it and check whether it has an AGP slot, or even an empty PCI slot, and buy a new video card for it too. Then just play games like America's Army, Battlefield 1942, and CS 1.6

If you want to play HL2, Far Cry, etc. then you probably need to spend 600-1500.

Hm...i am going to keep it...BUT only until i have another one....ill just keep it for a backup. Um...If i was itnrested in really making a NICE(NOT PERFECT), gaming computer(something that will play AOE 3 and HALo 2) and games of that kind.

What do i buy first??? Case? MOther Board?

you are better off scrapping that dell and starting from scratch. 150 a week is pretty good, i never got that much in hs

r_c_inicial said:
Hm...i am going to keep it...BUT only until i have another one....ill just keep it for a backup. Um...If i was itnrested in really making a NICE(NOT PERFECT), gaming computer(something that will play AOE 3 and HALo 2) and games of that kind.

What do i buy first??? Case? MOther Board?

Don't buy in stages, tech moves too fast. Wait until you have your budget in hand, then buy all the parts at once. Once you have your final budget, you will get plenty (probably more than you want) of suggestions on what to buy.

Save about 600 at least. The most important things to have a good gaming pc is graphics card and lots of ram. CPU should be decent, but you really dont need 4000+ or something like that.

idiotec said:
Don't buy in stages, tech moves too fast. Wait until you have your budget in hand, then buy all the parts at once. Once you have your final budget, you will get plenty (probably more than you want) of suggestions on what to buy.

Yes, do not buy one thing at a time...put your money in the bank and buy it all at once. This will SAVE you money and get u a BETTER system in the end.

idiotec said:
I wouldn't sell the Dell. You could always stick a 9600 or something in it and still play the old Q3 engine games OK. And besides that, it will be a good second comp for general stuff. You could even double the RAM, that would help for even just normal apps.

well i figured you only had a pci slot in that dell, but looks like it has a agp 4x.....so, u could get a better video card in the meantime (max $80) and play some ok games like BF1942....or get like an agp 6600gt ($140) and use it for your new system as well....but that would mean would be stuck with agp and not have the benefits of a pci-e system....just some options.

...or just take a grand from that car sale and buy somethin now, let us know, we can 'build' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom