Ethernet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB_13

Baseband Member
Recently I had to format my hard drive some things weren't working properly. The problem now is that I can't get my ethernet card to install. The computer runs windows 98 it's a little old but I had the card installed before. I can't remember how I got it to work. I tried to install using the hardware wizard. Then I tried adding it through the netwok. Doing it that way installs all the files from the windows 98 cd. After reboot all of the network disappears even before reboot as soon as it's done adding files from win98 cd I click don't restart then click the network. Everything I put in there gone. I have added client of microsoft and the card. Also added microsoft family logon and the card. I even tried adding microsoft virtual private network and that was the only thing that stuck everything else gone. If anyone knows how to get this working it would be greatly appreciated. Please try to be as specific as possible. I'm not too familiar with networks. Thanx for any help.

The device manager shows that it exists but for some reason windows disables it every time I restart the computer. I can enable it but then windows disables again. Tried doin it according to install guide. Tried through network connection. Even tried installing the wrong driver then forcing windows to use the driver I want it to but for some reason that doesn't work. At one time I had it binded together and tcp/ip running it. Then it told me to restart and well the same thing happened. It used to work but I had to format my hard drive and now it don't. Please note that I am running windows98(not second edition). The card is made by belkin model is f5d5000. Thanx.

Hey guys thanx for all the help. I got it workin. Apparently due to the version of windows 98 I have being that it's an upgrade. I installed the driver according to windows 95. It wanted to copy the updated files for windows 98 but I wouldn't let it. Restarted and it was working. Man that feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom