I need suggestions for my new PC I'm building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peruso

Beta member
Ok I'm sick of my ****ty computer, so I'm finally going to get a new one.... however I wan to build it, and order parts to save money, and to have the experience of building a computer.

Anyways I want to know what kind of stuff I should get. The main use for my PC I have now is gaming, internet, and the usual stuff. I know what kind of case I'm going to get

http://www.newegg.com/product/produ...N82E16811144001

It looks awsome, has a LCD thermameter, and its cheap. So I'mgoing with that case.

For graphics I'd prefer a card that can get a few years out of, but not one of those outrageously priced ones. I have a Radeon 9200 PCI as of now. I was thinking of gettin the Radeon X700 Pro, 8xAGP 256MB GDDR3, and that cost 199.99 at Compusa (I'm sure I can find it cheaper on newegg)

I'm absolutely clueless about motherboards, so I have no preference, though I'd like it to be compatible with all current technology.

In the current comp I'm on now I have 768mb of RAM, I forget what kind of RAM is it, but its the kind for a HP Pavilon 522n, I have a 256 piece (came with the comp), and a 512 piece that I bought last summer. I was planning on using the 512 piece for the new one, but I'm not sure if its still compatible with todays technology.

I'm gonna use the DVD, and CD drives on my current comp for the new one. I'm ditching floppy.

My current computer has a Intel celeron 1.80 GHz CPU, I want something signifigantly faster, I noticed most of the processors are at like 3.00GHz, I'm guessing thatd be leaps and bounds faster than my current one, so anything fast will do. Also does it being 64 bit effect it in any noticable way?

The cooling and stuff I have no clue about how to set up, so I guess I'll need instruction on how to do that aswell, but thaty shouldnt be to much of a problem.

Also I'm not big on sound, so I bought some cheap ass Mad Dog sound blaster sound card from CompUSA for 14.99 which came to 0.00 after rebates. I'm, not sure if its obselete yet but if it is I'll buy another one, but for the most part it can be the ****tiest one I dont care.

I think I covered everything, but if I'm forgetting anything then please tell me, and show me what you'd suggest.

I don't have a budget considering how I work and have no bills, however I'd like to keep the cost down, just for the sake of gettin the most outta my money, if we can keep this around $1,000 thatd be nice..

Thanks to anyone who helps, I'll greatly appericiate it.!

Get a GeForce 6600 GT from www.newegg.com. Cheaper and better than X700 Pro.

I would suggest getting 2 512MB sticks of PC3200 RAM at the bare minimum. The RAM that comes with HP computers is usually slow and of terrible quality.

Get an AMD 64 3200+ or higher. Stay away from Intel if you want to game. The only good Intel processors today are the Centrinos that are included in laptops. You will want to go with the AMD64 because the future is all 64-bit.

Also, get a DFI Socket 939 motherboard of some kind, and make sure your processor is socket 939 as well. Be sure to post your final list of parts here before you order them so we can make sure they are compatable.

ok, that case is awesome

anyways
what i say to get is this

DFi nF4 ultra-D
1GB of ram at least
3200+ (venice)
6600GT(eVGA if not something else but not XFX)
nec ide black dvd burner

no OCING

msi k8n neo4-f
corsair valueselect 1GB
seagate barracuda 80GB sata150
6800GT

he has monitor mouse keyboard speakrs

home edition 89

Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM
Model #: ND-3540A Black
Remove item from Cart Remove Save Save Move To Wish List
$39.90 $39.90
ATX Computer Cases

Update ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: ATXB4KLW-BK/420W
$56.00 $56.00
Internal Hard Drives

Update Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: ST380817AS
$65.00 $65.00
AMD-compatible Motherboards

Update MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4-4X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #: K8N Neo4-F
** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?
$83.50 $83.50
Video Cards & Related Devices

Update Leadtek PX6800GT TDH Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Model #: PX6800-GTTDH

$20.00 Mail-in Rebate
$288.00 $288.00
Power Supplies

Update Thermaltake Silent Purepower W0014RU ATX 480W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: W0014RU
$59.00 $59.00
Memory - System

Update CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail
Model #: VS1GBKIT400
$90.50 $90.50
Processors

Update AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA3700BNBOX
** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?

970 dollars - 20 for mail in rebate

and that leaves 50 for shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom