NTFS Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddy_ray

Baseband Member
I have a PC with Windows 2K AS. What's the easiest way to format an NTFS partition ? I wanted to Redo the partitions on the HD and need to FDISK and Reformat.

Thanks, Ray

I don't know about win 2000, but with XP, when you boot from the XP disk, if you choose to format, it asks you if you want NTFS or FAT32

same in Win2k. As long as you don't want to keep anything, just boot to disk, delete the old partition, and create a new one formatted with NTFS.

yeah, I cant remember but I think there is a utility within Win2K that will allow you to. I just would like to know my options.

what do you mean. Are you looking to do a fresh install or work on a drive from the machine? if on the machine, run diskmgr.msc and then format the drive from there. It's a simple little wizard, so it's pretty painless.

yes, thats the one. I knew it existed but i couldnt remember what it was called. I am not sure if I want to do a fresh install or not, thats why I was trying to figure out all my options. thanks

Yes, but you can also do it from the GUI. Unless it's your Primary drive. Then you have to use the recovery console to do it.

If it is a fresh install you can set up partitions and NTFS format form windows setup. If you want to change partitions form FAT 32 to NTFS wihtout doing a fresh install you can accomplih this very simply by using Partition Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom