Hi! Here's my setup:

P4 2.66
ASUS P4S8X - X
2 x 256 MB DDR 333
40 G Barracuda
Radeon 9600 Pro
1.44 floppy
DVD combo drive

The problem started about 3 months ago. While I was playing BFME (or some other game), a beeping sound would come from my PC after about an hour of gaming. It wasn't consistent though. I could sometimes play for hours and my PC wouldn't make a sound. Everytime I would hear that sound (really annoying beeping sound), I noticed the fan for my power supply would stop working. Upon checking hardware monitor, the 3.3v would read around 3.6 - 3.9 (fluctuating). There are times when it would go 4+. It happens regularly since then. Sometimes, I push the fan blade and it would move then the sound would go away.

The thing is the other day, the beeping sound came up again and my screen went blank while I was again in the middle of a game. So I thought I could restart it but something weirder happened. After the ASUS logo came up, the weird beeping sound came up but it didn't stop. I checked the hardware monitor and it read 3.9+ (fluctuating). I noticed that the longer I stayed, the higher it went. And the annoying beeping sound wouldn't stop. The sound was continuous unlike a few weeks ago (intermittent). I can access Windows but I shut it down immediately thinking it might cause damage to by board.

Any ideas? I'm hoping someone's going to say it's just my power supply because that's what me and my friend think is the problem (besides a power supply is cheaper than a new board). I hope someone can help.

OK.... Your PSU fan stopped working... and your voltage is unsteady. Clearing you need a new PSU, rather or not the beeping is caused by a poor PSU Im not sure.. but you need a new PSU and thats for sure.

Beep codes are only for BIOS, he's in windows and hearing these.

The first step I would take is to obviously replace the PSU

Oh ok thanks guys. The sound actually right after the asus logo comes up and also while I'm in windows. I guess I need to change my PSU.

But if it's a case of overheating, how come 3.3v reads at around 3.9+ (fluctuating) and the beeping sound comes up even if I haven't used my pc for like a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom