dvd burner troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
ok, i have 2 pcs that have dvd burners in them, both are sony dvd units; SONY DW-U18A

heres the problem:

i can copy files to the dvd-burner drive as temporary files (in the "you have files waiting to be written to the cd" place in my computer) but when i put in a (blank) DVD+R, they disappear and there are no options for burning anything, until i eject the (blank) DVD+R, then they come back

so i try dragging files to the drive with the (blank) DVD+R in the drive and it says:

windows encountered an error while trying to copy the file, do you want windows to: *retry* *cancel*

retry dont work, and well u know what cancel does

GRR, frustrating! all the drivers and latest patches are installed from microsoft, and i have tried fuji and memorex DVDs, heres the kicker, ive burned DVDs with both of them before FROM THE SAME SPINDLE, ON THE SAME OPERATING SYSTEM< AND IN THE SAME COMPUTERS, its just been a while, also CD-Rs will burn fine, and yes they are both DVD+R compatible, Windows-XP PRO, SP2

What program are you using to burn dvds? I know that the software that microsoft uses, where it says files are waiting to be burned only allows just cds not dvds, but i could be wrong.

i thought i had burned a dvd with windows before, im pretty sure i just did it the same way i do cds, but neways what would u guys suggest as a good program to burn dvds?

You should look into using a 3rd party software... I have seen nothing but problems from using explorer to add/remove files from disks.

Try roxio

i use dvd decrypter to back up my dvd's onto my harddrive
i then use dvdshrink to recompress them and burn them onto disk using nero

Well i use Clone DVD plus AnyDVD to decrypt it, it just duplicates the movie but makes it fit on a dvd, with all the extras to me its simple.

Sounds like Nero is having problems recognizing the ATAPI drivers for your DVD burner. I would completely uninstall Nero. Clean the registry and remove all reg entries for Nero and reinstall Nero fresh. Bye the way, are you sure that, when in Nero, you used the DVD drop down section and selected Data DVD? I'm sure you probably did but, being guilty of numerous brainfarts myself, it never hurts to check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom