Building and AMD lost!!!!!!!! need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meck

In Runtime
Hey guys i am plannng to build my own computor from ground up. Well i don't really want to spend too much money because this is just a trial one. I heard that AMD processors are good for overclocking. But i have no idea which one is good and cheap. Also which motherboard or graphics card should i buy. Because people say that some work better together than others. Buy the way thanx in advance for your advice.

Also do you think it is better to have a case with two fans and a external control for it on the case.

I've already overclocked my recent computor, but it heats up quite a bit, even with two fans, do u think that it will help if a put an external control in my new computer

Thanx in advance.....

best bang for ur buck is IMHO

amd xp2500+
radeon 9600XT
and an asus mobo of sorts, basically same stuff i got

make sure your fans are positioned in such a manner so that the intake is in direct proportion to the outtake or you can create hot pockets

Positioned in what way.... one in front and one at the back..... and should they blow air inwards or outwards

The fans should be positioned so that the front fan is pulling cool air in thru the PC & the back (of the Case) should be blowing out of the case. While your fans are spinning, light a match then blow it out & see how the smoke travels.
PS. Don't burn yourself...LOL

As far as I know AMD Barton 2500+($90) is the most popular u can oc it (if unlocked) up to 3200+ and if locked u can still oc it quite a bit.
if ur planning to oc alot make sure u get a good cpu fan(something from thermaltake or colermaster) and good thermal paste (arctic silver 3 or 5).

For the case fans i would put 1 more outtake then intake. for example 2 inake and 3 outake fans, In my opinion the most important spot for the air to move is around the CPU and if u have an oc'd video card its nice to keep it cool too.

For the Mobo I would definately choose Asus Brand (a7n8x series are good if u get the deluxe it comes with good onboard sound)

For RAM I would go with corsair or corsair xms (Asus is nicely compatable with Corsair)

well its only my opinion... hopefully this helps

Look the problem is that i have a very tight money budget. Only about $ 600 to 750. So would like if it the motherboard has a good inbuilt soundcard and one that work good with AMD processors.

Also what does Stupid mean by the AMD card being unlocked.

Also i am not very sure about installing a case fan myself. And the cases that i have seen with various fans are quite expensive. Also do you guys recommend a RPM manager

He is talking about unloking the multiplier. If the processor is 2000 Mhz, and the FBS is 200 Mhz, then the Multiplier is 10. (200 Mzh FSB X 10 = 2000Mhz CPU clock.) If you leave it locked then every 1 Mhz you increase the FSB it will increase the speed 10 Mhz. Unlock the multiplier and you can get any speed the processor can handle. I recomend the A7N8X as well, just stay away from the -X version, it doesn't have as many features, and it's only $10-20 cheaper than the standard version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom