Web as desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooropa

Solid State Member
I've recently come to the idea of having a website fixed in my desktop.
I know in Display > Desktop > Customize desktop lets you set a *page* as your background, but whenever you click a link it opens in IE.

I'd like to set it that the links open in the "desktop" window. Is this possible?

Ouch, I don't think that is possible... I have never seen anything of the sort. Closest thing I have seen is the google miniviewer. Unfortunately. Anyone else have any ideas?

win98/ ME have active desktop. winXP has:

To add Web content to your desktop
Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
On the Web tab, click New, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes

You must be connected to the Internet to add active Web content to your desktop.
To browse Microsoft's Desktop Gallery Web site, in the New Desktop Item Wizard, click Visit Gallery. The New Desktop Item Wizard opens when you click New on the Web tab.
To select a different Web site, type the Web site address, or click Browse to locate it.

Being in work, I'm unable to test that right now, but it sounds exactly like what I did.

This works, and the page sits on the desktop, but it doesn't function like a broswer. Links open in new IE windows.

I'm looking for it to open the links in the desktop instance of the website.

(The website I'm using is www.aletnativenation.net/forum, and is very similar to this in format style (its VB).)

sry I son't think that you can open pages in the "desktop window"

Zooropa> your link seems to be broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom