opera is free!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt have, its just that no one is interested in it yet, just give it time. Now that its free, it will be exploited.

Opera gave out free licenses at their 10th online-anniversary a few weeks ago.
BTW, cracks, warez & illegal content are forbidden on these forums.

I didn't distribute any cracks or link to any warez sites,

I no the rules and have not broke any,

I just don't get the point in pertending it is not common and warez sites are not widely surfed, especially on a tech-forum,

I understand such topics are allowed to be debated and touched upon in dialogue,

I don't think everyone needs to be repeatly told when the name 'warez' crops up.

Just downloaded it and so far I like it.

One Question:

In the options, should I have the browser identify itself as Opera or IE(which is the default)?

Default is IE. I always use ID-Opera so it will show up in other websites' browser stats. SOme websites use browser ID detection scripts and activily block any browsers besides Netscape/Mozilla or IE. So with ID-Opera some sites could show "your browser is not supported". In that case, just press F12 and change to ID-IE and refresh the page.
Some sites, mainly Microsoft sites disable Gzip compression for browsers other than IE. So those sites may load slower with ID-Opera.

Oscillator said:
I didn't distribute any cracks or link to any warez sites,

I no the rules and have not broke any,

I just don't get the point in pertending it is not common and warez sites are not widely surfed, especially on a tech-forum,

I understand such topics are allowed to be debated and touched upon in dialogue,

I don't think everyone needs to be repeatly told when the name 'warez' crops up.

I was just saying cause you are a relatively new member. Not trying to start a flame war. I didn't say you were posting something illegal.

The new improvements look interesting. Tried opera for a bit a year or two ago, and just couldn't get used to it. Right now I'm a "firefox fanboy", but I might give opera a try.

I tried the free version. I liked it but I set FF back to the default browser, because it wouldn't load a lot of web sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom