Print Screen Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I am wondering if there is any way to take a snap shot of a video. I have it paused, and press prtscn, when i try to save it in photoshop, all i get is a black picture. Is there something I am missing? This same problem happens in paint, so its not photoshop. Is there any other way to take a snap shot of a video?

I still have a problem. I can get the image to show up in paint, but when I save the image, I can only see the image when the preview windo is above the location of the video window. Its strange, and i dont have any idea what is going on.

I think I need a program that plays video, with a snap shot feature. I use winamp, power dvd, vln, and it doesnt work for any of them. Does any one know of a program that has this feature, that plays a good range of video files?

power dvd should take a snapshot, but if you want a small portion of the video use tmpegenc dvd author edit out a scene and save it.

You can take a snap shot of any video in any player, if you turn the Direct Show Decoder, from "Overlay" to something else... the System default decoder is "Overlay"... thats why you get the same resault in any media player you were trying.

example - in 'Media player classic' or Zoomplayer iv seen in the... Vid playback, or Filter/renderer section, you can change the it off Overly.

Id suggest using VirtualDubMod or VirtualDub along with the 'print screen' button though... becuase you can navigate one frame at a time in Virtual dub... or Hold Shift and then use the Arrow keys to navagate to each Key frame for fast Seeking... There is no pause at all when seeking to key frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom