Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodyman

Beta member
I am currently running Win 98 SE and am happy with it. As you prob. know, an upgrade to XP is about 100.00. Is it worth it? Does XP really have that many new or better features? Thanks for any help.

i love XP its way more "sleek" and clean... hah my friend gave it to me for free... but in my opinion spending 100 bucks on it isnt really worth it, just my 2 yen though...

Whether or not its "worth it" depends on many factors. For example, my laptop has XP, because when I'm at the school network, I want it to easily switch over for Internet, and easily switch back at home, sch that its plug and play.

You've also got compatibility for NT 4, 2000, 98 and XP built in, so the legacy support is there.

If you're a home user that uses their beast for word processing and Internet mainly, however, and are content with 98, don't switch over. Unless you like patching aimlessly.

Just my 49.99

I don't think this topic has anything comparable - windows XP has so many features added to it - ofcourse I'm not talking about the looks.... but all depends how much you can grab it for - atleast need to spend the money for a blank disk RIGHT...

Win xp runs great and very stable. If you plan on expanding your knowledge of this new OS especially if your in a technical field, the best thing is to dive into it to discover all the tweeks and tricks to make it run smoothly. There is always something new to learn!!

upgrading to XP would really depend on your PC, I have about minimum specs on my PC to run XP, if you have a fairly new computer with a CPU at or over 1GHZ runs fairly fast, and has enough RAM - it can run on 96MB but I really reccomend 256MB - and if you have a hard drive of about 20 gig or higher, then I really reccomend it

I personaly upgraded a ME machine to XP and demanded that all my machines be running XP becuase there are so many advantages to it. That is if you can spend the dough. Just my 512 ram input :)

Whu the fark wouldnt upgrade from ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id wait for lonhorn, but I dunno wen that cums out

[qoute="bodyman"] I am currently running Win 98 SE and am happy with it. As you prob. know, an upgrade to XP is about 100.00. Is it worth it? Does XP really have that many new or better features? Thanks for any help. [/qoute]

98 SE, not ME. And by the way, nice spelling :)

bodyman said:
I am currently running Win 98 SE and am happy with it. As you prob. know, an upgrade to XP is about 100.00. Is it worth it? Does XP really have that many new or better features? Thanks for any help.

98 SE, not ME. And by the way, nice spelling :)

[edit] Heh, hipocritical. I have even better spelling. :) [/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom