pqi RAM vs other RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope we've all gone home for the day.

1. All dual channel means is two exact matching sticks running together assuming motherboard and CPU supports it...ram in itself is NOT dual channel...it's only a way that they run when put into the right slots, assuming like I said, the motherboard and CPU can run it as such. You've got only one stick there....you can't run 1 stick in dual channel. However if you're planning on putting in 2gb then yeah, it CAN run in dual channel.....as I said, dual channel requires two matching sticks

2. PQI is good RAM, but you're looking at TERRIBLE RAM right there because it's got loose ass timings of 3-4-4-8....if you're gonna get valueRAM atleast stick with 3-3-3-8 timings.

I used to have the value ram you are probably looking at with corsair, and for value ram it has solid performance, nothing steller but solid and stable

Corsair ValueSelect is a MUST if you're building a non-overclocking computer. It is, like AZNRockThis said, not magnificient, but extremely stable, AND it has lifetime warranty.

However, if overclocking, then OCZ, PQi, Patriot and other RAM-makers are good choices.

really quick, is 2.5-3-3-6 a good timing?
2.5-3-3-6 is fine...perfect for valueRAM, most valueRAM is 3-3-3-8 which is a LOT better than 3-4-4-8 like you were looking at beforehand.

the difference between 3-3-3-8 and 2.5-3-3-6 is not even noticeable though, but either way 2.5-3-3-6 corsair valueRAM will suit you nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom