New parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeppy

Baseband Member
Ok so i finally received all the parts and put most of it together. All i am missing is the HD.

I'm in a jam though it seems. Everything is hooked up, the board has power because the fan turns on when i hit the switch in the back. But when i click the power button nothing happens. I have checked against the manual for the case and MB and i have the cable plugged into the right jacks. So i dont know what is going on. No beeps, nothing nothing. Any ideas folks? Thanks.

PS. I tried resetting the cmos with no luck either.

Check the manual again. Otherwise the cable might be broken.
Try to connect the pins with a screwdrier and see if it boots; just to make sure it's not a broken motehrboard.

Everything is plugged in and attached in the mobo. Should i try removing parts to see if it changes anything? Or will this not help.

Also, the CPU Fan is connected directly to the power supply, not through the MB. I'm thinking the MB is definately bad.

So, when you hit the switch on the back, the computer turns on?

Check you put the switch in correctly, Check the motherboard isnt shorting out on your case, try reseating everything.

Ok i feel like an idiot, but not too much of one. I removed the PSU connector from the mb and noticed it didn't seem to be going in very far, but as far as it could go nonetheless. I i keep playing with it and realized there is a plastic pieve that is hitting a piece of the mobo, preventing it from going in all the way. Starts up fine now...just gotta get it to detect the pci-e card. thanks!!

Is there anything special i need to do to get this PCI-e card to work? First time with one. Maybe its still the computer....I dont get beeps when it turns on, although only the keyboard is plugged in.

No. I think the MB is dead, because not even the CD rom blinks/turns on nor does the keyboard mouse. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom