Firefox and Mac security sanctuaries 'under attack'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using it right now.

I see that you had to turn the internet off while you are installing it. then, when you reboot the computer, you still have to leave it off.

then you open IE let it load up nothing. then change the web page to whatever you want in internet options, then close IE. Now open it up 1 more time with the internet off as it is still head to windows update anyway on your next attempt to validate.

close it again. now you can open it to get around that stupid advantage check (it will now go to your web page) .I have legit computers, But I be damned if MS is going to install some in house spyware on my computer. they have enough tracking features already. who knows, what all the validation check will install to your computer

But I like this IE. Maybe I will change my mind about it.

Oh shoot. I just notice that I don't have the google spell check and we all know that I need that.

Keep in mind that this is still in beta and there are a lot of features still not enabled or just not there. I never had to turn the internet off to install IE. I had to reboot and then install the Genuine update just like when you install the updartes, aint no difference. I dont know what you ran into with turning the net off but there was no need for it.

Warez Monster said:
Keep in mind that this is still in beta and there are a lot of features still not enabled or just not there. I never had to turn the internet off to install IE. I had to reboot and then install the Genuine update just like when you install the updartes, aint no difference. I dont know what you ran into with turning the net off but there was no need for it.

while I was installing IE, that Windows Genuine Advantage Validation thing want to install and check my computer to see if my version of windows was legal. I just didn't want it to check due to MS history of adding exrta tracking feature to updates. I hate ALL of of XP tracking features. I use evidence eliminator to disable them and the follow results make my computer twice as fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom