Please Help with this uninstall problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojop03

Beta member
Okay, a bit complicated I am stumped. I recently added a new hard drive. Then a new graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600xt). Well, the card gave me problems, so I wanted to start clean. I installed XP on my new hard disk, and figured I'd just re-format my main, and use it to run games and apps off of. Well, the new installation of XP is working out so far, unfortunately I now have XP on BOTH hard drives, I cannot just format it off the old drive and I cannot uninstall it either! This is not an upgrade, the system came with xp stock. How can I remove it from one of these drives? Please help!

Why can't you format the other drive? Do you have anything that you want to keep? If so, just create a 2nd partition on the drive and copy the files over to the 2nd partition. Then once the 1st partition is just the things you want to get rid of, format just the first partition and then combine the two partitions that are left over.

-Mike

I can't! Now I have XP on both drives and I can't remove it from either one of them. XP won't let me format, even in safe mode!

Use a floppy win 98 boot disk that will let you boot into dos.
dont use the boot with cd rom support. just use command prompt.Then pick your drive to format and type drive letter format.
Later Pat S.

Or you can use the winxp installer disc and formate i then turn off ur pc right before it copys or like sPlAtOiD said use a win98 bootdisk and run FDISK and delet al partions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom