Looking to buy a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have a couple questions.

1.) I was looking at windows media center and want to know if i should get it. is that just like professional, with added features? also, does it come with a remote for a tv tuner?

2.) I want to get a tv tuner. Would you recommend buying an all in one card like from ATI, or buying a separate pci tv tuner?

thanks

Well for gaming, get an nVidia card, cuz ATi uses SM2.0, which is kinda dated...So just get an nVidia card and a separate TV Tuner.

Yes go dfi, and get dual 7800's!! ah, no but seriously, may want to go dual 6600gts. And buidling a computer is really easier than it appears. The worst part is hooking up the led wires, there so small, got dam i hate them things!

With 2000 bucks, you can get an athlon 3800+ X2, and dual 6800GTs or something. And youll still have enough to get some pretty kick ass components. And yes, the DFI Lanparty SLI boards are known to own.

lol

edit: ok i searched newegg and i see its a motherboard. but one person said that they had to mod it to support SLI. Would i have to mod it to support that or does it just come with SLI support out of the box?

from what i know Windows XP Media Center 2005 is just professional with added media capability (kind of obvious)
yeah like they said before, with 2000 bucks, you should buy. you can definitely get VERRRRRRRRRRY good quality for like 1300, im me if you need hookups with parts. i can do that.
im = LETCHL

how much is media center im pretty sure its not worth the money. XP professional is good, and if thats still too expensive of an OS for ya OEM XP Home is like 91$ at newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom