Motherboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech4uknown

Solid State Member
Well, I have a motherboard its a Intel D850GB. At one point it was working fine, but i think i did something to it but then i'm not sure what. Ok the problem is it gives me 3 beeps, right when i turn it on, and I get no video output. I replaced the board and changed the ram and still the same thing, also tried a different power supply, so now i'm thinking it might be the CPU but i'm not too sure...Thats the only thing I have not switched is the CPU so it could be or could not be... I need some advice!

Well Thanks for you advice ahead of time

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010249.htm

If your CPU didn't work, the computer would never start. If your getting three beeps, that means your POST is trying to tell you a code. If you've followed all the instructions

On another note, the bare essentials your computer needs to turn on is a motherboard, CPU, RAM and a video card. If you're getting just three beeps, your CPU, RAM, and motherboard are functioning. If it isn't, have you opened the case and modified anything, maybe switch jumpers?

Finally, if you have a video card, make sure that the power dongle is plugged in if it requires one. If you've had the computer for a while, maybe you suffered chip creep. Just push everything in snuggly.

If you've switched out both the CPU and motherboard, I have no idea. Unless you used another board with the same exact model and problem, I dunno. Has your computer overheated before? Does it usually run hot?

Ok, no its not a new build, but at one point it was working I think one time i took it apart to clean the dust from it, then the problem occured. I have used two different video cards a AGP i know works and PCI i know works. This a new motherboard, it was to replace the other one, because it was giving the same problem.

We have tried them suggestions below maybe do them again... i have three different sets of memory one that came with the motherboard too

3 beeps - Base 64 K memory failure

Reseat the memory.
Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. Note: Some systems might need to have a memory module in Bank 0.
Try using RAM chips from the same manufacturer with the same part number and speed.
Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good system.
Trying known good memory in the system.
Check the power supply and check for power fluctuations.
Swap the motherboard.

I didnt read the rest of your post sorry, but no it has never over heated not to my knowledge. I find it strange though

tech4uknown said:
Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.

I'd focus on the dust problem.

You said it happened after you dusted it, that may be the problem.

How did you dust it? With compressed air or something else? Compressed air is the way to go.

Maybe you got dust lodged by a connector somewhere on the board. Did you take out all the components when you dusted? Clean the connectors for RAM and your CPU. Clean your PSU and the connectors around the chips if you can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom