im stupid ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
does memory interface make a big difference?

128bit vs 256bit?

what is memory interface anyways

Yes your stupid, we finally agree on something :D

128 bit vs 256 bit is how many bits are sent in a clock cycle. So doubble the bitrate, doubble the bandwidth.

Just like 16 and 32 bit processors... for the main part.

dont worry, chris never liked me in the first place..

so is it a big difference between 128 and 256. or is it like 128mb and 256 mb of memory

I don't think chipsets matter much with video cards, 128MB of memory is pretty good for most games right now.
memory interface 256 bit, 128MB DDR or GDR3 or whatever type of memory and PCI Express and ull be good.

agp 8x
128MB
128 bit
GDDR3
nvidia

i read somewhere that nvidia tried so hard to make the chipsets work good with ati cards that they didnt make it good with their cards

i read somewhere that nvidia tried so hard to make the chipsets work good with ati cards that they didnt make it good with their cards
that's pretty much true...don't know how it'll effect the 6600GT, but I know the nf3 chipset hinders the 6800GT that's for sure, nf2 and nf4 are great chipsets but then they fugged up with nf3..

a lot of people experienced random freezes in games, not permanent freeze like...the entire thing would freeze for 1-3 seconds then play fine again....seems to be something with the throughput.

My 6800GT clocked to 433/1185 on my nf2 and XP-M platform..I move it to nf3 and the chipset wont allow me to go further than 415/1120....

google up '6800 nf3 chipset' or something along those lines and you'll find tons of people with issues with it

Nubius said:
a lot of people experienced random freezes in games, not permanent freeze like...the entire thing would freeze for 1-3 seconds then play fine again....seems to be something with the throughput.

Thats whats happening to me right now, except I have an Abit AV8 with a K8T800Pro chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom