9600 XT or 5900 FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
Should I get the

8x Radeon 9600 XT 128Mb DDR

or

8x nVidia GeForce FX 5900 128Mb (doesn't say ddr or sdr)

I want the best performance and quality

I can get either for about the same price

Well, the 5900 is better spec wise, but in return you lose a PCI slot and you gain that leaf blower of a cooling system.

Best Performance: 5900 (ultra?)
Best Value: Radeon 9600XT
Best overall: Radeon 9600XT

* These are all opinions.

it's the 5900 XT and I don't care about price...(it's only $30 more)

I looked up reviews and it runs 10-30 fps higher than the 9600 xt

play2lose said:
it's the 5900 XT and I don't care about price...(it's only $30 more)

I looked up reviews and it runs 10-30 fps higher than the 9600 xt

Yeah its a faster card, hands down, but read reviews on it. Youll find the cooling scheme blocks the adjacent PCI slot and is really loud.

BUT if youre willing to sacrifice that for speed, get the 5900.

I don't know ..i got the same problem .. AIT or nVidia GeForce..

i do a lot graphicc/audio editing and i'm still not sure which one i should get. the most told me that the AIT would be the best choice. but then when i check workstations, they have nVidia GeForce cards in it, so there must be a reason why they but "nVidia GeForce" in workstations.

I don't know anything about the cooling problem or how loud it is.

I'm an ATI guy hands down. I have used Nvidia cards in the past, but I really like the ATI cards better. That is my opinion though.
As for the noise factor, that would be a problem if I cared.
The fact that ATI has been making a video card that offers DVD playback through hardware for a long time, and have multiple output options standard (until recent times, Nvidia never offered this) makes ATI the best card for me. As for Games, I have always been pleased with the image I see on my screen from both cards. I honestly don't think that there are all that many differences anymore between the two visually.

Good luck in your choice.

I have the 9600xt and for 150 bucks its a great card. ATI has better graphics card than Nvidia and handle AA and AF a LOT better. Save yourself a few bucks and get the XT.

but I want Call of Duty.....lol....and if it's faster ...I'll pay the extra $30 bucks

It is faster right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom