CPU Fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechmoderadicat

Beta member
Ok first off I've looked through many posts on here and other sites to do with my problem. So far with no prevail to answer my question.
My CPU is AMD, not by choice, lol,(AMD Duron 950Mhz). I boot up the CPU fan spins (I had the fan unplugged for some time though but it operated the entire time), LED's come on in the front of the box (power on), also the cd-rom if I have a cd in will spin and show lights. I am running with onboard video, sound, network. PS2 mouse and keyboard of course. The hard drive comes up but does not read (I can tell this because I've disconnected the power to it and the sound is different), I do have 2 sticks of 256 PC133 memory installed.
I've checked all the connections over. I'm trying to find the FCC ID number or model number also with no prevail. I received the mobo with CPU from a friend of my father and he didn't give me the manual. I pulled the CPU and looked at it, I'm not sure if you can tell from looking at it if it is bad, I can see some discoloration though.

Any help what so ever will help me. I'm so sorry if this is a repeat of any sort. If you would like you may contact me on yahoo or AIM or a direct e-mail to quicken the response time. :D .

Thanks
-Chris

Sounds like the CPU overheated to the point in which it fried, if it's truly disclored it 's dead.

Thanks for all the help guys. I knew if i detailed all of what I did and all the specs pretty much someone could help me.

Is there a chance it could have taken my hard drive with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom