What size LCD should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to decide if I should get a 17" or a 19". I mean would a 17" seem small do you think? Right now I'm using a CRT with a viewable size of 14". lol it sucks. But what size are your guys gaming monitors?

What he said, although as anyone here will tell you, get a good quality one with a low response time: 15ms (milliseconds) or less.

I use a 15" right now at home. And I use 17" on campus. And I've used 19" and 21" at "work" when I was doing internships at companies.

Overall, I think I would ideally like a 17". It's big enough and you can see all parts of the screen clearly. Large screens might not let you "see" what's happening at the edge of the screen more readily. If you don't believe this, just go to the front of a big screen tv (44" etc.) and see if u can pick up the details on the edges. This is just an exaggerated example of course. But just wanted to demonstrate that the affect exists.

When I am playing FPS, I like to see the whole environment very clearly. I don't want a small screen size or my peripheral vision limitations affecting my judgement. Personally I think 17" is a good compromise. Bigger is not always better ;)..

Chankama said:
I use a 15" right now at home. And I use 17" on campus. And I've used 19" and 21" at "work" when I was doing internships at companies.

Overall, I think I would ideally like a 17". It's big enough and you can see all parts of the screen clearly. Large screens might not let you "see" what's happening at the edge of the screen more readily. If you don't believe this, just go to the front of a big screen tv (44" etc.) and see if u can pick up the details on the edges. This is just an exaggerated example of course. But just wanted to demonstrate that the affect exists.

When I am playing FPS, I like to see the whole environment very clearly. I don't want a small screen size or my peripheral vision limitations affecting my judgement. Personally I think 17" is a good compromise. Bigger is not always better ;)..
I was thinking the same. Bigger screens may look cool but when your playing a game you don't want to have to turn your entire head to see what's happening on the other side of the screen. lol

I dont think having a monitor thats 2" bigger makes you have to turn ur head to see the other side of the screen... Just move ur eyes. And its not like you CANT see everything on a bigger monitor. The stuff to the sides might not be in perfect focus but its not like you cant see the sides or something... And if you think about it, its only 1" more on each side that your eyes have to see.

But like others have said, go as big as you can afford while still getting a high quality monitor. Just dont get anything smaller then a 17". I would say get a 19" if you can thou.

Gaming wise you should keep it smaller than like 21 but no smaller than like 17. But also keep in mind if the screen is to big you can just move it back more :p. or vice versa

19" all the way, i debated this too, and do not regret my purchase. BTW that monitor guide is the answer to the months of research I did on LCD's. Too bad it came out after my purchase.....yeha!!

jackal you are getting a pretty kickass system there. i honestly think the monitor is the most important thing to any computer, right? Read that LCD Buyers Guide and you will have all your answers. The vp191b is worth every cent, I also tried the Benq fp91v+...took it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom