how to format/repair an OLDDDD pc?? (pentium 2, possibly1) Need 2 create network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi..

I want to create a network connection betwen my computer (p3) and my neighbors...

I just figured out that my neighbors pc is VERRRY OLD!!! I was hooking it up (hasnt been used since a couple of years) and even the cables are different..I have never seen cables like them..the mouse, the keyboard, even the screen...wierd old one!!)

anyway...I turned it on and it said Pentium-MXX or something...then, 233MHz...........

it then started loading Win 98 but then gave me an error reading disk c...

WHat can I do to fix that problem??? I wanted to enter the bios and pressed F2...but apparently...I had to press delete for it to enter bios....OLD STUFF!!!

As I previously said..I want to create a network connection between the 2 pcs....using a router which is insalled on mine...

can i install win xp on it or is it toooo old for it? if not..will the network work on win 98??

How do I format or repair or whatever with these systems??? I managed to set the boot priority to FLOPPY>CD ROM>HD...
but when i instert the CD Rom...
it dircetly tries to load windows...and then gives me the error reading disk c

Is it better if I isntall win me on it? I have cd...usually, the boot menu and setup for ME is easy....directyl click install from the boot menu (havent tried it though with the old pc)...

What do you suggest??

Any help is much appreciated

I have an old HP with a Pentium II 333 and 64MB of RAM that runs XP fine. I don't have many applications on it of course. If it was me I'd try and install XP just to see how it handles it, if doesn't work just put ME on it.

Maybe it starts up just fine and he has a lot of things disabled? Hell im running it on 256mb and cant get xp to run very well but then again that computer is used as a back up server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom