Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok im going to start building a computer for a friend here in the next month and i am debating on which motherboard to get, im a huge fan of MSI motherboards but i was thinking about trying out a DFI board for once...

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813136152

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813130491

Which one should i go for?

And dont all of you start saying DFI because there supposed to be better i want some really good answers... And no im not going to do a search.

Out of those 2 motherboards, I would go with the DFI LanParty.

You have chosen 2 PCIE motherboards, neither have AGP, so Im guessing your going to be using PCIE video cards. Main factor of my reasoning is because the DFI board has 2 16x PCIE slots, which gives you a chance at a nice set of SLI cards. It also has more USB on the board, and the more USB the better. The DFI has dual LAN ports, and it also has the nForce4 Ultra chipset, which I personally prefer.

I hope my opinion helps.

MSI K8N Neo4-F ATX AMD Motherboard.
Mainly because i have been using them for years with various system. I have rarely had a problem with them.

And loved the after sales support that I get from MSI.

Harper said:
MSI K8N Neo4-F ATX AMD Motherboard.
Mainly because i have been using them for years with various system. I have rarely had a problem with them.

And loved the after sales support that I get from MSI.

Neo4-F's are a great board, and anyday I am going to be building a system with one.

However DFI are better, MSI are value board's that kick ass.

DFI is just pure kick ass.

Thats one of the reasons im wanting to go with MSI but the person im building this machine for loves them neon lights and colors and crap, the only thing is he uses an older printer that uses the parallel port and not a USB port and the DFI dont have one.... SOOOO....... i think ill stick with the MSI just because of the price and it has what he needs >_<

In my opinion, you had your mind made up before you asked us. -_-

By the way, the DFI supports SLI with a SLI bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom