Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably how MS plans to run their apps 15% faster than WinXP but you need a hell of a lot of RAM. The most basic version of vista allows 0-8 gigs of RAM. and the Ultimate allows +120 gigs of RAM, can someone tell me where the average guy fits 120 gigs of RAM in his machine?

Either that would be a server or a datacenter server. Average user would not have that much RAM in thier machine. That is for top end machines.

Makaveli213 said:
Either that would be a server or a datacenter server. Average user would not have that much RAM in thier machine. That is for top end machines.

actually they are going to implement this technology into every computer. Just think about how far have we came in the last five years

I don't think to many users that microsoft is marketing to will have 32 bit systems by then at least under 50% will be 32 bit.

Also it better be more than 2-4 gig for the normal. Think about it RAM for the system is at a minimum 512 that means you would at least want a gig for the OS. Then you want a gig for your apps. Then you want yet another 2-3 gigs for the new features Vista will implement for faster app loading. I say a minimum of 5 gig would be great on the Ultimate Edition of Vista (currently the only version that uses RAM to incease speed if I"m not mistaken).

well I'm gonna try and get beta2 when it comes out in november or december or when ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom