nvram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speakincursive

Beta member
Hi. whenever i restart or shut down, then boot up my pc, a message that says checking nvram stays on the screen. i have to turn off the power supply, unplug the cord, plug it in, turn on the power supply, and boot up my pc every time i want to use it. Any way i can fix this?

nitestick said:
sounds like the problem lies with either your memory or the motherboard. depedning on how much you know about computers i would suggest removing all bar one stick of RAM if you have several and trying to boot. if that fails try one of the other sticks on its own. if that works add another stick and so on

Ram isnt NVRAM.

I am guessing it is checking some Non-Violitiale RAM in somewhere like the BIOS. My first step would be to reset the CMOS by pulling out the battery for 15 min. Than my other step would be reflash the BIOS.

You could also reset the CMOS by flipping the switch next to the Bios.

Like above. NVRAM is not RAM, it is RAM that is unchangable that is used for a bios or simular things that don't erase when powered off.

I recently had an experince with overwriting NVRAM, that's why I am knowledgeable in the field :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom