Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
OK I've decided on getting a 560W power supply (or there abouts).
I was looking at the,

Thermaltake Silent PurePower Standard 560W Series (http://www.thermaltake.com/purepower/W0023.htm)

Thermaltake PurePower TWV500W Series ATX 12V 2.0 Version
(http://www.thermaltake.com/purepower/w005758twv500/w005758twv500.htm)

I'm quite familiar with the thermaltake products, however what are Antec'c psu's like? Could anyone suggest any products of theirs which might better the ones from thermaltake and be better value? Or of course any other products.

This psu is going to be for gaming purposes so please consider this in your decision.

Thermaltakes are a better value. Antec is only slightly better but not worth the extra $$$.

I have a thermaltake 420w and it works perfect.

So out of the products shown above, which one would better suit my needs for gaming and general pc application i.e. Web browsing, Documentation etc?

Since you are planning to getting a hardcano 13, I would be going for the Thermaltake Power Suppy. Last time I check (about 12 months ago) they have a fan controller cable that you can plug into your Hardcano. And from there, you can control your PSU fan speeds.

I got myself a CoolerMaster 550 PSU which I am more than happy with.

Harper said:
I got myself a CoolerMaster 550 PSU which I am more than happy with.

Who makes the CoolerMaster 550 PSU?

I am really considering going with the thermaltake at the moment, 560W should be plenty. I was looking at the 680W psu (thermaltakes new one), but I'm thinking that's going to be too much for what I intend to do.

Syphanx said:
Who makes the CoolerMaster 550 PSU?
COOLERMASTER

I have the COOLER MASTER Real Power 550 .
89528a7000775f992da834f31bcdb0d0.jpg

It's really silent.
It's 550W Constant. 650W Peak.
The Blue LED fan goes well with the rest of my sistem

However there is no way that I can hook up a hardcano to it (with out voiding warranty)

And about 50% of the cabling that is comming out of that PSU I am not using as I do not have SATA (yet) VGA card or some of the other Power Connector that you might even see on servers. So from a cabling point of view, they can be a nightmare.

Syphanx said:
I am really considering going with the thermaltake at the moment, 560W should be plenty. I was looking at the 680W psu (thermaltakes new one), but I'm thinking that's going to be too much for what I intend to do.
560W should be fine. 680W..... maybe if you are modding your computer into a mini Los Vagas or you are running a server.
It does sound like Thermaltake is producing 680 Watt PSU just so they can milk the market a bit more money.
There is no sence in forking out extra money for parts that you will not be using all the way.

I just had a look at those specs.
Embedded Socket and Modularized Cable Management - USEFUL. A lot of other PSU are coming out with cables to suit both last generation and next generation of PCs. That this means that you have this great wad of power cables that you are just not using.

Total Watts Viewer 5.25" Driver Bay Application - With this, you do not need to hook it up to your Hardcano 13 when you purchase it.

Yup, I would buying this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom