Urgent! Bios Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
baronvongogo said:
Yeah its auto iv refreshed iv also changed its reading to large whatever that does. Is there any settings in a bios that can cause this type of problem.

yes. when you manually set it

try setting your bios to the fail safe default and see if that changes anything

I didnt see fail safe default there was best performance and optimized i chose optimized i presume thats the default setup And still it only detects 136Gb in the bios and same in windows. That maxblast software needs to be booted from dos too so havnt tryed it although i doubt it`d work. Can you update the firmware of the harddrive?

baronvongogo said:
I didnt see fail safe default there was best performance and optimized i chose optimized i presume thats the default setup And still it only detects 136Gb in the bios and same in windows. That maxblast software needs to be booted from dos too so havnt tryed it although i doubt it`d work. Can you update the firmware of the harddrive?

It's has to be your bios. delete the partitions with powermax (quick erase). take it out of your computer

put it in a friends computer and see what size does it say. if it says 127 or 130 then it's your harddrive if it say 200 (189) then it's your bios that is at fault

sadly none of my friends are advanced enough to have SATA lol Its all too much trouble, can i go back to my old bios? or would that cause even more problems? i might just stick with it and i plan to upgrade around christmas too. Thanks for your help EricB im pretty sure its my bios if it worked before and not now.

baronvongogo said:
sadly none of my friends are advanced enough to have SATA lol Its all too much trouble, can i go back to my old bios? or would that cause even more problems? i might just stick with it and i plan to upgrade around christmas too. Thanks for your help EricB im pretty sure its my bios if it worked before and not now.

no Problem. I know you can go back to your old bios, but I don't know how.

I would probably try to get that BIOS restored and corrected.

If you can't though, give PowerMax a shot. I've seen software many times fix a large drive barrier. Besides, you want all of the space you paid for don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom