Permanently Delete Files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
Ok i know you have to write over a deleted file or it isnt REALLY gone.... but even when i use little programs designed to "clean" the "free" portion of a hard disks file space... i still get the NAMES of the files even if the used-to-be information is corrupted or gone.. i want to leave NO TRACE of any of the information i delete from my computer for security reasons (well....yeah....and i dont want my friend to sue me.... long story..)... ANYWAY... please help me out!

Low level format ran 100 times. There is a untility to erase files using some kind of standard, I cant remember it exactly..

low level format + 100 times = too long...=D 200 gig hard disk on fat32 or NTFS "quick" format takes too long..... if anyone knows the name of the file i've seen on G4 (techtv) that can delete and overwrite a file as many times as needed PLEASE let me know

RichM499 said:
low level format + 100 times = too long...=D 200 gig hard disk on fat32 or NTFS "quick" format takes too long..... if anyone knows the name of the file i've seen on G4 (techtv) that can delete and overwrite a file as many times as needed PLEASE let me know

the major did. google shredder. you will find lots of programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom