ASUS vs DFI

How often do you change your socks? (pst! multiple choices allowed, use it wisely)

• Socks? Yeah I think I've heard of them in my childhood...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Annually

• Monthly

• Weekly

• Daily

• Every 30 seconds.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius: I never said I don't overclock, although I'm not a super-hardcore overclocker - which is what DFI cater for, no question. Hence my "Many will swear by DFI for overclocking..." statement. However that's still not to say many super-hardcore overclockers don't meet great results with a ASUS board.

But it's not a question of whether it's a good board or not, it's a question of which is the better...and DFI is the better board in every way

Say for example, DFI is the only board equipped to handle BH-5 chips without a DDR booster

what do you suggest for my set up...: look for my thread on this category... I mean do i need one thats $200?? or...? I don't know:(

Just built with the K8N mobo and it was great! Worked really well and with 2 GBs of OCZ Ram, an NVidia 7800 GTX, and a AMD 64 4000+ that machine was smokin fast.

However that's still not to say many super-hardcore overclockers don't meet great results with a ASUS board.
"super-hardcore overclockers" dont even look at ASUS as DFI has already pissed on the tree top-overclockers and marked it's spot.

I know quite a few people at the monthly LAN I go to that ALWAYS fall victim to the "Well I think I want to start overclocking, will you show me how?" , "Sure what board you got" ........"ASUS".......ehhhhh, and theres ALWAYS some stupid little things that'll prevent you from getting results that you KNOW the hardware can achieve.

DFI hands down

well when I say something 'sucks' I generally mean when it comes to the features, overclocking stability and things of that nature...running stock or near stock is a different story...some people get the impression that when I say "a board sucks" that it means it wont run.....but I don't give credit to a piece of hardware for simply doing something it should do out of the box

Nubius said:
"super-hardcore overclockers" dont even look at ASUS as DFI has already pissed on the tree top-overclockers and marked it's spot.

I know quite a few people at the monthly LAN I go to that ALWAYS fall victim to the "Well I think I want to start overclocking, will you show me how?" , "Sure what board you got" ........"ASUS".......ehhhhh, and theres ALWAYS some stupid little things that'll prevent you from getting results that you KNOW the hardware can achieve.

DFI hands down

I wouldnt consider Overclocking Asus's weak point.
More along the terms of reliability and customer service.

For an A8V, I did a remarkable job of overclocking it.

However Asus still sucks, for AMD based motherboard's for sure. For an Intel based motherboard, Asus would be my first look however.

However Asus still sucks, for AMD based motherboard's for sure. For an Intel based motherboard, Asus would be my first look however.
thats basically the general concensus I've come across....apparently they are really good for intel but really slack with AMDs for some reason.........and customer service.......god is it terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom