Looking to buy a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
Hey, I'm looking to buy a school/gaming computer, and I have around $2000 to spend. I already have a monitor and speakers, and i want this computer to be future proof. at first i was looking at dell and hp, but now i saw this ibuypower.com place and it seems like they have good prices. How is ibuypower, and if they aren't good, any other suggestions?

You might want to consider building it yourself, a $2000 budget will get you a lot especially if you have the monitor. As for future proof, no such thing, however you can make sure to do minor things like SLI mother board in case you want two video cards, Make sure you have solid ram and get a nice power supply so you are able to add a second video card. If you dont want to build (highly recommend you do) I would try for alienware which is overpriced but youre getting high end hardware for the most part.

I was considering building, but it seems kinda hard. i was also looking at alienware, but they seem like a lot for what you get. so maybe i will build.

but don't go for ibuypower huh?

Build build build :D I was going to buy a new PC but got persuaded into building my own as apparently its not that hard, and for your budget you can built a top spec PC for that. There are a few build guides knocking around, plus I have seen places where you can buy DVD tutorials, it really doesn't look that hard to do. The only thing that looks hard to me is setting up the mobo *shudder*

ZeroStrife49 said:
Ive heard that ibuypower is a scam or something, dont use them.
]

Their not a scam, their just subpar in their customer service level, but are still very good compared to dell and HP.

yea, u can go online to find guides on how to build the computer, but your motherboard manual will contain all the connectors and how to use them, so the only part u need to find out is the simple mechanics of it. I used to think building was hard too, beofre i tried it myself. Its easy, but i made huge mistakes in my buying choices, like getting a socket 478 and AGP mobo:( meaning that upgrading will cost so much more.

If you decide to buy parts and build it, hit me up on AIM (ZeroStrife49) or email me (ZeroStrife49@gmail.com)and i can tell you the mistakes i made so you wont suffer.

for 2000 bucks, you can build a pretty sweet computer..i only had 800.
:)

yeah i've been looking around at newegg. actually right now i only have around $1700, but i should be around $2000 in a few weeks.

After buying all of the extras though, i'll prolly only have around $1500 for the computer parts.

i gotta buy windows (by the way should i get media edition?), microsoft student teacher edition, mouse, keyboard, and some other stuff.

and thanks for the offer to help, i'll remember that when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom