win xp wont install, boot disk sector error

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing did it i completely formatted the ide drive, the raptor, partitioned both drives, nothing works. are there any jumpers on the motherboard that would cause something like this. i havent touched the jumpers but there could be something.

You could have no jumpers if it is cable select or if you do have jumpers, your master driver should be set to master and slave drive should be set to slave.

the jumpers on the hard drives are pulled out so cable select is
what there on. but i dont have everything hooked up on the

board. i have mb power, 12 volt for the processor, processor fan

hooked up, but there is a listing for system fan in the bios that is

suppose to have a speed reading but i have all of my fans

hooked up to molex connectors.

the hard drives are never hooked up at the same time right now so i can leave them that way.

i was thinking there are some factory jumper settings on the MB that might be impeading the install of xp

is there anybody here who builds rigs for a living who might have come across this problem before?

jled3324 said:
is there anybody here who builds rigs for a living who might have come across this problem before?

I do. you still haven't responded to if you have used the quick erase function on powermax or not.

the only setting to stop you on the mobo is the virus boot sector protection

yep i used powermax on it and ive used a utility like it before called called WD data lifeguard diagnostic they all test perfect the 40 gig IDE WD and 36 gig raptor.

jled3324 said:
yep i used powermax on it and ive used a utility like it before called called WD data lifeguard diagnostic they all test perfect the 40 gig IDE WD and 36 gig raptor.

don't test it with powermax. delete your hard drive with powermax, so that it will erase that bad bootsector. windows will automatically make a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom