Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
backlashwave it already is better. It boots 15% faster than XP and XP boot 10% faster than Win2K. It loads apps 10% faster than XP and XP loads apps faster 5% or 10% faster than Win2K I forget it was a long time ago. These are the benchmarks they are aiming for. In the end it is much faster. Beta1 users already can slightly notice it but we will trully notice it in future builds and perhaps beta2 when MS includes their new RAM features and uses for it. Now there is a reason to have 4-10 gigs of RAM on your system it you want uber speed even though you only need 512 megs.

Well i now have Vista Build 5219 installed and running and it is already better than Beta 1 (Build 5112). Not as much memory usage and it actually has some better support for drivers and that already. They say that this build is supposed to be close to the Beta 2 build but i dont know how true that is. They have already made some big leaps and bounds with the OS since Beta 1 release. I cant wait to see where it goes from here.

That makes me mad. How are people getting it it hasn't hit Technet or MSDN yet grrr... I want it.

I got mine off MSDN. I dont know why it isnt there for you. I know people that had it the same day it was given at the PDC from MSDN.

Makaveli213 said:
Well after the bit of testing i have done with Vista myself it does seem to be fudamentally good. I have not had any spyware or viruses with it yet. But that could also be due to the fact i use Opera and no viruses have been written for it yet. It does have a lot to offer compare to XP. Virtual folders, better graphics, more security among other things. I have not had the oppurtunity like i would have to really hammer it but it has done well with what i have thrown at it.

I have just read about a patch for an opera virus in pcworld

EricB said:
I have just read about a patch for an opera virus in pcworld
Thanks for that info. I will run NOD and see if it catches anything.

i hope to see ram prices go down because the wave of computers following Vista's release will need more ram.

I guess it will be normal to see people with 2-4gb of ram if Vista can utilise it well.

waynejkruse10 said:
i hope to see ram prices go down because the wave of computers following Vista's release will need more ram.

I guess it will be normal to see people with 2-4gb of ram if Vista can utilise it well.

the trend for the future of computing is have the programs run in the ram instead of the hard drive (for a tenfold increase in speed) so hopefully you will start to see 10 gig ram stick come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom