.ISO CD Image onto Hard-Drive - Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Ok, I created an ISO Backup onto my hard-drive of one of my CD's, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction considering it was getting pretty scratched up and I had plenty of room on my hard-drive to store a good copy. So, since then the CD has become unreadable and I don't have any spare CD's laying around so im forced to install through the hard-drive. Anyway, after I used WinISO to extract the file contents onto the hard-drive, I got into the folder and clicked setup but it asks for you to put in the Lord of Destruction disk... I've done this before with other cd's i've backed up and it never asked for you to put a cd in when im running it off the hard-drive. This isn't making sense. My question is, is there something I can do to the file to have it install without any problems like this?

Yes use alcohol it solves all of lifes problems. And if you don't drink try the program alcohol 120%.

Thresh said:
Ok, I created an ISO Backup onto my hard-drive of one of my CD's, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction considering it was getting pretty scratched up and I had plenty of room on my hard-drive to store a good copy. So, since then the CD has become unreadable and I don't have any spare CD's laying around so im forced to install through the hard-drive. Anyway, after I used WinISO to extract the file contents onto the hard-drive, I got into the folder and clicked setup but it asks for you to put in the Lord of Destruction disk... I've done this before with other cd's i've backed up and it never asked for you to put a cd in when im running it off the hard-drive. This isn't making sense. My question is, is there something I can do to the file to have it install without any problems like this?

Did you try a no cd crack?

Well a no cd crack works on an already installed portion of the software, this isn't even installed yet. But anyway, I got a blank disk from a friend, solved the problem. Thanks for all your suggestions though.

Just use Daemon Tools to mount the ISO to a virtual drive and use a No-CD crack. You need one without the original CD.

ph0rn said:
Just use Daemon Tools to mount the ISO to a virtual drive and use a No-CD crack. You need one without the original CD.

with alcohol you don't need a no cd crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom