Tried overclocking, failed, cried

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats a memory divider? whats this 1:1 ratio?! AAAGGHHHHH
Read...the...stickies

A memory divider is used to lower the speed of your memory in the event that your memory cannot maintain the same clockspeed as your FSB...a 1:1 ratio, meaning that your memory and FSB maintain the same speed, is ideal

Nubius said:
then consider yourself lucky...beyond that I only consider it stable once it's 12+ hours stable in prime95

However, I'm willing to bet you probably put a divider on your memory whereas septoid didn't...just a guess anyway..

still, making jumps like 200 to 240 isn't very good "OCing ethics" if you will...you're just increasing your chances of fuggin something up that way

Understood, won't do it next time, lol. Yea, I did put a mem divider. No way ValueSelect was gonna do 250MHz.

gaara said:
Math dude, 240 x 10 = 2.4GHz

But yeah, gurantee any other core out there and you'd have BSODs up and down trying to pull something like that

I overclocked it .1 GHz more after that. The 200-240 was just the first step.

whats a memory divider? whats this 1:1 ratio?! AAAGGHHHHH

What Gaara said, however I beg to differ on one topic. I just want to point out that you lose no performance switching the divider away from 1:1. If your memory (like mine) can't do more than 210Mhz, then I wouldn't be able to overclock past 2.1Ghz. But if I set a divider, I can overclock to 2.5Ghz with my memory running at 208Mhz (an overclock almost any memory can do).

However, I do have to agree with gaara, that if you have memory that can overclock well, then yea, a 1:1 ratio is ideal. it makes your memory run much faster, which is usually better.

However, so many people seem to think that a 1:1 ratio is crucial. Its not, its simply ideal.

However, so many people seem to think that a 1:1 ratio is crucial. Its not, its simply ideal.
it's not crucial under the assumption you run your HTT at like 330 but then use a divider to make your memory 'only' do 270MHz....THEN it's not important...of course you're not going to lose any performance if your HTT is 250 and your RAM is 200, but if your RAM CAN do 250 then it needs to be up there, but like I said the 1:1 really loses it's importance once you have a really high ass HTT, and even though your RAM might be able to go high, it can't go quite THAT high.

In the nf3 board I was running like 310HTT with a divider keeping my memory around 266MHz

Could have sworn that i read somewheres that the winchester core was the first core made for socket 939..... And i also looked at the AMD site and the 3400+ was released on socket 754 only....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom