First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
For my mother's birthday, my father and i bought her a computer. I suggested that i build it, rather than spending extra money on [insert pre-built computer company name]. He agreed.

After plugging in everything, and doing some cable management, i start to install XP home. Installation goes smoothly. Computer boots up, gets to loading screen, but monitor says "Signal Not Found" before i get to the user log-in screen. From there, i took out the harddrive, put it in my computer, and installing the video card drivers. So far, so good.

I put the harddrive back into my mother's and boot up. It gets to the desktop this time, but after a few seconds, the screen goes blank, though the monitor is still on. So i restarted, and it gets past the loading screen, but before the log-in screen, it goes blank again.

It is repeatedly doing this, and i have no idea what the problem could be.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Abit VIA K8T800
ATI Radeon 9800 128MB
1GB Corsair XMS
200GB Seagate Barracuda
Aspire case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144050)

try a reformat of the hdd. maybe you installed the OS wrong?

try popping the video card into your system

Tried the video card on my system, boots up fine.

I reinstalled it before i downloaded the drivers. You think i should do it again?

Okay, i put the CMOS "clip" from the default 2-1 position, to 3-2. System wouldn't turn on. Moved it back to 2-1, system says "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded" and stays at that screen.

I think then you press enter or delete or sumpthin to go into bios or enter to continue. It should say at the bottom. That just sucks that you cant get it working. I hate it when i suggest something and it fails.

ok your supposed to move it from 1-2 2-3 and leave it on 2-3 for 30 seconds, then you move it back to 1-2 and you turn on the system...or you can remove the batteyr for 10 minutes

Try booting the system in the safe mode or VGA mode se if that works ok. Then lower resolution.

PZEROFGH said:
ok your supposed to move it from 1-2 2-3 and leave it on 2-3 for 30 seconds, then you move it back to 1-2 and you turn on the system...or you can remove the batteyr for 10 minutes

Tried that, same outcome as before.

BVR said:
Try booting the system in the safe mode or VGA mode se if that works ok. Then lower resolution.

The problem is, it won't boot anymore. Read my previous post for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom