Upgrading cooling on s939 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
I want to upgrade my cpu cooler, but there are a few problems

1. Antec Sonata II Case. Really nice, slick looking, solid case, keeps system cool and quiet. However... TIGHT WORKSPACE. Meaning I can't afford to take everything out (which I will HAVE TO DO if i want to install some back brackets on the motherboard for this cooler). This sorta rules out the Zalman cooler brand =(

2. Space. I'm pretty much limited by the size of my case too, something not much bigger then the stock AMD cooler would be good.

3. I need something that can fit on the stock AMD cooler setup already. Like I said before, I can't afford to remove everything outside the case just to install some brackets. So if the cooler can be fit on using the already installed AMD stock brackets, all the more better.

4. Cost. Preferabbly something ~100 or less. I'm in Canada mind you. The only websites really available to me are Tigerdirect.ca and NCIX.com, NCIX being the preferred =)

Any ideas guys? Sound isn't a big issue, as long as it isn't louder then the stock cooler at full blast (my sonata II is good at keeping things quiet), and I really need to notice a cooling difference here, I'll be using it to overclock, thats why. CPU temp at idle is abotu 40 to 45C, and underload about 55C. I'm looking to atleast see a 10C drop, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom