5600U to 5900U-Worth the Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
Right now I've got my trusty BFG geforce fx 5600U 256mb card. A buddy of mine is willing to sell me his Gainward 5900U 128mb grafix card for like $70. I've checked some benchmarks online and it seems that despite the ram difference the 5900 would be quite a bit faster. Does anyone else think differently or have any advice for me?

yeah, save your money and get a 6600GT

nvidia did pretty bad with the FX series especially when it comes to DX9

I'm only considering this upgrade because I'm buying a completely new system in a year. I'm not going to spend ~$200 on a 6600GT when I won't even be able to use it in my next system (next one will be pci-e). $70 might be worth it to get better frames as newer games come out in the next several months, just looking for second opinions.

you aren't going to be able to play any of these newer games considering the system specs I'm looking at in your sig right now.

6600GT's are like $150 now, but still....regardless of not getting a 6600GT, stepping up to a 5900Ultra wouldn't be worth even $70 IMO

You are better off with a 6600 regular than a 5900U. The GeForce FX series sucks unless all you play are Quake 3 engine games.

6600GT 138 dollars on monarch

EDIT: dont spend the money, suck it up with your 5700 and blow more cash on your future system

Okay, thanks a lot guys. I might borrow the card and atleast see if some games run better (Rid**** and Bloodlines for example), but unless there's a significant improvement I won't bother buying. I appreciate the advice every1.

Rid**** uses DX9 I believe so 1. It'll default to DX8.1 plus the framerate will still suck, but hell if you can borrow it then go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom