Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually not by the time Vista is released those graphic crads will be basic my PC is over four years old so it's common logic my video card will not be up to date.

It can run on a Athlon XP......

XP was developed in 2001 right so there is a 5 year difference. I think that is enough to explain why XP technology is not sufficient for Vista.

why does the aero graphics thing in vista require such a big graphics card all it seems like is translucent titlebars and I can do that easily in xp on my system.

HAHAHA after nearly a month and a half of trying I HAVE SOUND! This is a great acomplisment for me. Take that Vista to hell with your must be digitally signed policies.

Now I just need to get translucent graphics but how can I do this if my card is inferior. But if there is a will there is a way.

with such relative high minimum requirements,who is gonn abuy it,
don't get me wrong but what are all those millions of pc user who use systems like p4 1.4GHz do.

i bet compared to the number of pc users who have pc with 1.4 to 2.8 ghz processer are far greater in number than those who have 3.0GHz
and most of them won't buy new pc's until there existing ones are obsolete.

the point what purpose will vista serve.

and the last point is apart from security(which obviously microsoft is under pressure to perform) how does it fare better than xp or ny how much percent is it better.

in my opinion many wouldn't prefer to change the OS unless it offers better performance compared to XP.

Well after the bit of testing i have done with Vista myself it does seem to be fudamentally good. I have not had any spyware or viruses with it yet. But that could also be due to the fact i use Opera and no viruses have been written for it yet. It does have a lot to offer compare to XP. Virtual folders, better graphics, more security among other things. I have not had the oppurtunity like i would have to really hammer it but it has done well with what i have thrown at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom